Sunday, October 5, 2008

NYCHA's Centralized Call Center is a joke

We all know Frederick Douglass Houses has been "experiencing" a disruption of hot water since 2007. I have been complaining to city officials about this problems for about a year. The hot water heater is still not fixed and on Thursday it went off. After a call to Senator Bill Perkin's office an HPT technician called me then came to my apartment. He told me the hot water heater has a "broken coil" and would take several weeks to fix...surprise. In the meantime he raised the temperate on the heater and went away...surprise. Today the hot water went off again...surprised??? The weird thing is that Centralized Call Center made an ill attempt at fixing the hot water...its not hot...but I will take luke warm over ice cold. The Centralized Call Center called me. I wasn't home at the time of the call so I could not verify if the hot water had been restored. But it struck me as weird.



The Centralized Call Center of New York City Housing Authority is the most incompetent agency that NYCHA has...even more than the housing assistants. This is the same call center that has told me in the past that they will not send someone out to fix the hot water because it was 9:oopm and they did not want to pay overtime. To wait for the management office to open in the morning. This was after telling me (on the same day) that the hot water heater was broken and needed a new part. So which was the "true" lie? Neither. After getting upset with the operator I spoke to the supervisor and the crew was dispatched and the hot water was restored.



So why after all the lies is the Centralized Call Center calling me to find out if the hot water was restored? I don't know. I guess I have become a big pain in the you know what. And they are now covering their you know what.



What ever it takes...as long as I have hot water....tomorrow I will make more calls.

No comments: